Sunday, November 9, 2008

CHRISTMAS CARDS / CARTES DE NOEL



Hello again everyone,
I have made a few more cards and have to show them off.

Here's the first one.

This card is made using the "Snow Swirled " stamp et from StampinUp. I have used Versamark and then embossed it with gold embossing powder. I have used my Spellbinders Nestabilities rectangles to do the background support for my stamped image raised it with dimentionals and also used the Cuttlebug to emboss my background layer. The cardstock used is Real Red and Whisper White from SU. The gold layer is from gold paper that I bought in a pack with other colored papers at the dollar store.

Here's how I made this card :

I always cut my cardstock at 5 ½" x 8 ½ " so that with one sheet of cardstock I can make 2 cards out of it. I then score it with my Scor-Pal at 4 ¼ "
My gold layer measures : 5 ¼" x 4".
My whisper white embossed layer measures 5" x 3 ¾ "
Tip: Always try to emboss your cardstock before cutting it out, as it can sometimes shrink a wee bit.
As for the layers used for the stamped image, just add about a ¼ " per layer if you don't have the nestabilities. You will still get a lovely effect. As for those that do have the Nestabilities, just choose those that you will like to go with your image.
I hope that this has been helpful to you all.

Happy crafting !


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Bonjour à vous tous.

J'ai encore fais quelques cartes et il fallait que je vous les montrent.
Voici la première carte.
Référez-vous à l'image ci-haut svp :)
Pour faire cette carte, j'ai utilisé l'estampe "Folie de Floçons" de SU , j'ai utilisé du Versamark et mon image a été embossée avec de la poudre à embosser dorée.
J'ai utilisé mes Spellbinders Nestabilities rectangulaires pour faire le montage derrière mon image estampée et j'y ai ajouter des dimentionels pour donner un effet 3D.
J'ai utilisé ma Cuttlebug pour faire le fond sur mon papier cartonné blanc de SU "Murmure Blanc". Le papier doré, est un papier que j'ai trouvé inclus dans un ensemble de papiers au dollorama. Et le papier cartonné rouge est celui de SU "Vraiment Rouge".
Voici comment j'ai fabriquée cette carte :
Je coupe toujours mon papier cartonné comme suit : 5 ½" x 8 ½", avec une feuille je peux faire 2 cartes.
Je fais un pli au milieu à 4 ¼" en utilisant ma Scor-Pal .
Le papier doré, est coupé à 5 ¼" x 4"
Le papier cartonné murmure blanc est coupé à 5" x 3 ¾" et embossé avec la Cuttlebug.
Note: Un p'tit truc, embossez votre papier avant de le couper à la grandeur requise, car il peut rétrécir avec l'embossage.
Pour ce qui est de l'image estampée, choissez une image à votre goût et ensuite, ceci est pour ceux qui n'ont pas de Nestabilities, ajouter ¼" pour les arrière-plans additionnels, cela donneras un très bel effet. Et pour tous ceux qui ont les Nestabilities, il ne vous suffira que de jouer avec les grandeurs qui vous conviennent.
J'espère que allez aimer :)
Bon Bricolage !



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
MY SECOND CARD / MA DEUXIEME CARTE


This card is done using my Cuttlebug machine. I used some felt with the mittens die cut and it works perfectly. Background is embossed and I have once again used my Nestabilities.
I had a lot of fun making this card.
Thanks for looking.
Happy crafting my friends.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cette carte-ci à été fabriquée en utilisant la Cuttlebug. Ici, j'ai utilisé le die cut mitaines et de la feutrine. J'ai eu un très beau résultat. L'arrière-plan à été embossé et je me suis encore servie des Nestabilities. J'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir à faire cette carte.
Merci de regarder.
Bon bricolage les amis (es) .


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~






5 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are gorgeous! Love the red and white colour combo on the first and the mittens on the second are the perfect finish!

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

hi lise
these are wonderful cards.... i love what you have done with the bug folders and your embelishments...!!!
kaz_za

Sally said...

Hi Lise,
I have been such a bad blogger lately but I am trying to get caught up. I love these 2 cards. Very elegant indeed. The music you have added put me in the mood to dig out my Christmas CD's.

Nicola said...

Beautiful cards Lise.
I have left something on my blog for you.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sally said...

Lise,
I have left a little something for you on my blog